Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving and Painting

I love pumpkin carving and painting! That and handing out candy on Halloween night are some of my favorite Halloween things to do!

When I was a little girl, my Dad was a farmer. He would grow pumpkins to sell at the farmers market and my Mom would paint cute faces on them ... She would always do some for us too, and we would beg her to let us keep them as long as possible! Mine are not as cute as hers, but I still have a fun time doing them!

Ed loves to carve pumpkins. The last few years he and Matthew have found a fun carving pattern online and used that for their jack-o-lantern's face. Last years was a pirate/skull face that required using a drill to carve out each individual tooth in its spooky grin! This year they went a little simpler with the 'scary flame' jack-o-lantern.

No comments: