Saturday, November 15, 2008

'Mother of the Groom' or 'Hooker'

At a recent wedding, the mother of the groom wore a uncharacteristically gaudy outfit and was dolled up to the point of having a comment made about her appearance that she looked like a 'hooker'.

I have never actually met a prostitute, so I'm not sure what one looks like. I only have the movie or television stereotype to go by, but even though I wasn't there, I'm certain she didn't look exactly like that.

However, I completely understand what I think is the real meaning of this comment ... the sequins, elaborate hairdo, fancy makeup job, unfortunately high heels .... they combine to create an image that does not in any way resemble the person underneath the facade.

I have witnessed this phenomena myself on several occasions, and I don't understand what possesses people to do it. I mean I can understand dressing to impress, but please. Do yourself a favor and don't try to look like someone you are not. You will always look like a fake. Its extremely unattractive and rather pitiable.

1 comment:

Prouses said...

and pretty stupid in all of the wedding pictures for years to come :P