Friday, December 19, 2008

Quilt of postage stamps

I am very bad about going to the post office to mail a card and purchasing a whole book of stamps ... and then the next time I need to mail something I forget or can't find the book of stamps so I buy another one. My sweet honey lamb has changed all that! He has collected all my partial books of stamps from over the years ... all different denominations reflecting the different postage rates over time .... then he bought some 1c, 2c, 3c, and 5c stamps and now every time I need a stamp he pulls out the big envelope and comes up with a combination of stamps for me to use. As you can see from my christmas cards (pictured below .... 3 or 4 stamps for each one!!!!) this makes for a very colorful patchwork on my envelopes! The more postage I need ... the bigger the quilt of stamps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny! Ed cracks me up! I miss you guys!