Saturday, January 10, 2009

Can you see my big fat tummy?

Ok so Matthew comes out wearing a simply stunning outfit he has designed and asks if I like it. Itell him I am amazed and that this is definitely picture worthy so hold still for a photo.




Matthew: "Can you see my big fat tummy in the picture?"


Me: "Well no. I don't actually think you have a big fat tummy."


Matthew: "Well I'll turn to the side and you can take another one. Now can you see it?"

I agree that I can see a little tummy, and he runs back to his bedroom. He returns in a few short moments with more 'accessories' added to his outfit, I take another picture and he runs back to his bedroom.


He's back in a few minutes in an outfit which his father proclaims is 'over the top'.



Matthew: "See the orange thing here (points to stuffed pumpkin tucked into his scarf)? This is my other head. Do I look like I'm prepared for anything?"

Me: Sure, what do you think you are prepared for?

Matthew: "Well, flying and other stuff. See I have a thing on my back like Boba Fett and Jenga Fett had (points to wrapping paper tube stuck in his Speedo floatie)."

Dad: A jet pack?

Matthew: "Yeah a jet pack. So I can fly."

Dad: That looks like its stuck in your pants. Is it an exhaust tube? (explains what an exhaust tube is used for and what fumes might be exhausting from his pants ... this results in loud cackling from all parties)

Good times.

4 comments:

Prouses said...

This kid is so hilarious!!
What a great sense of humor! Great post :)

LisaW said...

What a cute story! I do hope you're scrapping that!

~Lisa, from Gratitude Project

scrapgoddess said...

Thanks for the compliments! I am definitely scrapbooking it -- it is too hysterical! Thats the nice thing I was just realizing about my blog is I can document something very quickly, but then later I can use it as a resource for my scrapbook journaling ....Since I tend to scrapbook about 2 years behind real life, sometimes I forget some of the details by then so this will serve as a memory jogger!

Janee said...

HYSTERICAL!!