Friday, October 16, 2009

Candy for Breakfast

Ok so last year I had to buy the Halloween candy twice as my husband ate the first batch prior to Halloween.

He thinks that a bag of candy constitutes a balanced meal.

So last year he tells me: "Next year, you need to hide the candy from me."

So this year, I bought some candy and hid it. He bought some more candy yesterday and I hid that too.

He just came upstairs now and here is our conversation:

Ed: "Where's the Halloween candy?"
Jenn: "I hid it. You told me to."
Ed: "I only meant for you to hide the candy that YOU bought."
Jenn: "Candy is not a balanced breakfast. Have some cereal. Or some oatmeal."
Ed: "Where's the candy? "
Jenn: (silence)
Ed: (sounding a little more irritated and looking around the kitchen) "Tell me where the candy is."
Jenn: "There's some apple cinnamon oatmeal up on the shelf there."
Ed: (as he opens the cupboard where I 'hid' the candy) "Next time you need to hide it better."

AARRGGHGHH!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA Oh Ed...candy is NOT good for breakfast...listen to the women on this one.

Janee said...

ha, ha!!!!!!!