Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am a Goddess!

I started to recognize it in college. My friends called me the 'Software Goddess'. Now I just go by plain 'Goddess'.

I think all women are goddesses. I joke a lot about it with my friends and at work ... but I am serious.

According to Miriam Webster... A definition of goddess is "a woman whose great charm or beauty arouses adoration". The meaning of charm that I like to use is "a trait that fascinates, allures, or delights".

We all have traits like that. I choose to celebrate my own, and admire others. I frequently tell my friends they are goddesses and for what reason I am currently admiring them. Its one of those uplifting things that doesn't take much and you don't know what a difference you might make in someones life by sharing your admiration for them.

There are traits of course that I should not be admired for (such as my dietary habits :) ... chocolate is one of the four food groups, right? ). But, I just have to keep working on them. I will take inspiration from the Goddesses around me who have conquered these issues already.

My male friends want me to tell them they are a 'god'. I tell them sorry -- this is a girl thing. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is great. i need to work on this idea more.